Today’s lifestyle is busy and on-the-go, leaving many people with hardly any time to plan their meals. Being too busy to stop and eat a healthy meal sometimes leaves us with no choice but foods that are fast and convenient, which usually isn’t the healthiest choice. That’s where our cleanses come in.
Clean Juice cold-press juice cleanses give you the quick and convenient solution you need but are packed with nutrition. Following a Clean Juice cleanse is a great way to give your body the attention it needs—fresh, healthy and safe organic ingredients in a convenient juice cleanse program. By following a Clean Juice cleanse, you can give your body some much needed R&R from regular daily exposure to toxins and nutrient-deprived foods.
Cleansing is a safe, easy and healthy way to bring your mind, body and spirit back to life. It’s simple to get started, and you’ll find the benefits are endless the more you explore the world of organic juice cleansing!
Our 1, 2, 3 and 5-day cleanses provide your body with an incredible amount of nutrition while giving it a break from its usual routine. If you know you aren’t receiving enough nutrition in your daily life, an organic juice cleanse from Clean Juice can help. Think of a Clean Juice cleanse as a reset for your system. Not only are you flooding your body with more vitamins and minerals than you’ll receive through a typical diet, but you’re also allowing your body to rid itself of toxins that build up from the foods we eat and the substances we’re exposed to in our environment.
Call your local store for more information or to order!
We truly believe that without a juice cleanse being certified organic you shouldn’t do it. When doing our juice cleanse, you can drink more than 15 pounds of produce each day. That is A LOT of fruits and veggies. And if this
Organic foods are those that have been grown and harvested under strict conditions to produce healthier, safer and more environmentally friendly food. Organic foods were grown on farms that meet specific USDA standards, such as the absence and prohibition of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides
BENEFITS OF ORGANIC
Organic produce is healthier, safer and more sustainable than foods grown in conventional farming practices. Clean Juice only uses USDA-certified organic ingredients. Comparable products may only contain limited organic ingredients or no organic ingredients at all. But our commitment is to the highest quality nutrition possible, which you can only get with certified-organic fruits and vegetables.
When you cleanse, you’re taking in a high concentration of nutrition in one go. For first-timers, this may be the only time in your life you’ve ever ingested such high concentrations of fruits and vegetables at once. Drinking certified-organic ingredients
Here are some of the top benefits of organic food for personal health and the environment:
- Reduced exposure to synthetic pesticides: Non-organic food undergoes multiple rounds of pesticide application to kill pests and parasites that would otherwise damage the food. One of the most common commercial pesticides, glyphosate (known by the brand name, Roundup) is classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer as a probable human carcinogen. Experts warn that over time, repeated exposure to pesticides can lead to certain types of cancer. Even after washing food, there’s still a risk of ingesting leftover pesticide residue and of the chemicals themselves affecting the integrity of the food. Over time, this exposure to pesticides may slowly erode our health and prevent us from getting the fullest nutrition we require. Eating organic foods and drinking organic fruits and vegetables reduces or eliminates this risk. Certified-organic foods don’t have any synthetic pesticides applied to them—only natural pest-prevention measures that are organic-approved.
- Increased antioxidant levels: Antioxidants from food sources help to reverse the effects of oxidative stress, which causes cellular damage and speeds up the aging process. Eating foods rich in antioxidants is one of the best ways to help protect your body. Research has found that organic farming practices preserve the concentration of antioxidants in crops compared to non-organic farming practices. A 2017
study concludedthat the organiconions had higher concentrations of antioxidants than the non-organiconions (likely due to better soil management practices in organic farming compared to non-organic farming). Now we don’t use onions in our cold-pressed juices, but we do use organic produce that has these same organic farming practices. Antioxidant-rich ingredients are a fundamental component of Clean Juice cold-pressed juices—they’re what give our products the added health benefits for greater vitality. Because all our juices are made from certified-organic ingredients, you can rest assured that you’re getting the highest concentration of antioxidant nutrients possible from all of our cleanses.
- Minimized heavy metal poisoning: Non-organic foods put consumers at risk of heavy metal poisoning. When we eat plants and other crops that contain heavy metals, we can absorb them into our bodies where they accumulate in our livers and kidneys. In 2014, the British Journal of Nutrition published a meta-analysis that looked at nearly 20 years’ worth of studies on organic foods and found that organic foods had 48% less cadmium (toxic heavy metal) concentration than non-organic foods. This is important because reducing our exposure to heavy metals as much as possible is essential for lowering and preventing toxicity in your body. By eating certified-organic foods, you can take steps to prevent heavy metal accumulation and protect your long-term health.
toxins! (1) Byebye
BENEFITS OF CLEANSING
Drinking organic cold-pressed juice isn’t just convenient, and it isn’t just nutritious. There are tons of other benefits that come from
- Rest for certain organs: A juice cleanse gives your body a break from processing solid foods. During a juice cleanse, your digestive system, including your intestines and stomach, don’t work as hard to break down and digest food. Additionally, your liver, which is your body’s natural filter, gets a break from detoxifying substances. Because your organs don’t have to work as hard to eliminate harmful toxins, they’re able to heal and repair themselves for the duration of the cleanse. After the cleanse, they’ll be healthier and more efficient.
- Boost in energy and deeper sleep: After a cleanse, you can expect to feel more vibrant and energetic, and you’ll sleep better too. During a cleanse, your liver is given the break it needs to repair itself by eliminating the toxins it normally needs to filter from your blood. Your liver uses a ton of energy to function properly, and when it’s overworked, it can make you feel lethargic and even affect your sleep quality. By giving your liver a break, you’ll feel re-energized and refreshed.
- Mental clarity: There’s no question that an unhealthy diet makes your body feel sluggish, but it can also cause brain fog. Cleansing not only boosts your physical energy, but it can improve your mental clarity too. When your digestive system goes from an overworked state to a lighter, healthier state, your brain fog will lift, leaving you with a greater sense of focus and mental sharpness. You might just feel more productive!
- Glowing skin: We’ve all experienced diet-related breakouts that occur from poor quality foods. That’s because, just like our livers, our skin also works to filter and eliminate toxins. Regular cleansing can give your skin the periodic break it needs from eliminating toxins. During this time, it can heal and repair itself, leaving you with fresh skin, fewer breakouts
anda brighter complexion.
- Improved mood: Cleanses are a good way to regulate your mood by balancing your hormones. When we’re stressed, our bodies release cortisol, which produces a stress response. According to German research, the more cortisol we release, the higher our risk of developing a fatty liver. During a cleanse, our bodies don’t produce the same level of stress hormones, giving our adrenals a break. This allows us to handle stress better, and we can experience a happier mood with less anxiety.
- Weight loss: Cleanses are a highly effective, short-term weight loss solution. During a cleanse, you’re taking in far fewer calories than you would normally, and you eliminate significant fluid retention, helping you to feel slimmer and trimmer. Trying out a cleanse is a great way to kickstart your weight loss journey. Not only will it reduce your caloric intake, but it will also help interrupt your cravings for unhealthy foods (fried fats and sugars) and replace your body’s natural cravings with healthier ones.
- More regulated colon: One of the most noticeable benefits of cleansing is your bathroom habits. During a cleanse you’ll make much more frequent bathroom trips. However, in the time following a cleanse, you’ll notice more regular colon activity. Your digestive tract will work more efficiently, meaning you’ll experience less constipation. With a more regulated colon, you’ll improve your overall bowel health and even reduce your risk of colorectal cancer.
- Reduced bloating: Even a 1-day cleanse can help you feel lighter and slimmer. That’s because, during a cleanse, you’re restricting your calorie intake. Your body then turns to the water and glycogen stored in your muscles. As it uses up glycogen, it loses the water too, helping you to feel less bloated. Additionally, your digestive tract will begin to empty itself and potentially become less inflamed, causing you to lose the bloated feeling you didn’t even know you had!
- Intense hydration: During a cleanse, you increase your hydration levels to an intense level. Many people are chronically dehydrated from not drinking enough water and eating hydration-sapping foods. A cleanse can help restore much-needed hydration to your entire body—especially your digestive tract and your skin. With improved hydration, you’ll also experience fewer headaches, less muscle pain and increased circulation, which helps your entire body get the nutrients it needs. (2)
WHAT IS "HPP"?
Many juices and cleanse products undergo a pasteurization process to keep foods fresher and safer longer. High-pressure processing, or HPP, is a USDA-approved food safety procedure and a form of pasteurization that doesn’t use heat, additives or preservatives. During HPP, high amounts of pressure are delivered to the food product to render the pathogenic microorganisms, like mold spores, viruses, and bacteria, inactive so they can’t cause foodborne illness.
Though HPP is beneficial for sterilizing food, it can also damage the natural enzymes in raw ingredients by changing their shape, which disrupts their function. Enzymes are the construction workers of the body—they break down nutrients so that we can metabolize them and use them for various health functions, such as building muscle and detoxifying the body. If enzymes in foods are destroyed during HPP, it can prevent our bodies from getting the support needed to properly metabolize vitamins and minerals and absorb their nutrition.
Because Clean Juice’s cold-pressed juices are intended to deliver as much nutrition as possible, we don’t use HPP or any other pasteurization method that will alter the integrity of the nutrition. This means that our juices are meant to be consumed within a few days for optimum nutrition and food safety. You shouldn’t drink our juice products past their shelf life because they haven’t undergone the necessary food-safety procedures for long-term preservation. The good news is that the cold-pressing technique preserves the freshness and nutrition of all our juices during its limited shelf life, so you’ll always get a nutrient-packed and refreshing beverage! (3)
WHAT IS "COLD-PRESSED"?
Not all juices are created equal. At Clean Juice, our products are different because they’re made differently. We use a cold-pressing technique to turn fresh ingredients into liquid delight while preserving the integrity of the food’s nutrition.
Traditional juicing uses a classic juicer or blender with a centrifugal design. That’s the one with the sharp teeth that spin really fast. During centrifugal juicing, the machine turns its blades at high speeds to shred and tear up the ingredients. During the process, the centrifugal juicer generates a certain amount of heat.
Some foods are particularly sensitive to heat, and their nutrient content will degrade whenever heat is applied. Vitamins like A, E, K, C
Clean Juice uses a cold-pressed juicing technique that crushes and gently presses the ingredients. While cold-pressing yields the highest amount of juice, it also generates no additional heat. The final result is a refreshing juice that was gently cold-pressed, keeping nutrients and enzymes from fruits and
Cold-pressed juicing allows you to pack in the highest nutrition possible in one go. As an added benefit, Clean Juice’s cold-pressed juices have a shelf life of a few days, meaning that you can expect the nutrient content and taste to remain as fresh as possible. (4)
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY CLEANSE?
This is up to you, as many people do very little ‘prep’ leading up to a cleanse and others like to begin cutting things from their diet a few days beforehand. If you will be cutting out caffeine during your cleanse, you may want to cut back a few days ahead of time to avoid extreme headaches and withdraw symptoms. If you would like to eliminate certain foods beforehand, dairy and any processed food products are a great place to start!
TYPICAL CLEANSE SCHEDULE
- Drink all juices 2.5-3 hours apart. This helps maintain a full stomach.
- Drink water. Like lots of it. We recommend at least one full glass between each juice.
- If you are starving and really think you can’t make it through… don’t blow it! Have a handful of unsalted, organic nuts, or a small leafy green salad with a small breast of grilled chicken.
- Have drink #6 – cult favorite “White” – at least 1 hour before going to sleep. This allows the body to digest it before zonking out for the night.
- Use this time for self-reflection. God sometimes talks to us deepest when we are the most still and focused. Those who are tested deeply he uses greatly!
yourcleanse day into a total wellness experience! Cleanse on a weekend and spend some time pampering yourself. Go for a walk, read a book, spend some time in nature reflecting, and have an accountability partner!
CAN I DRINK CAFFEINE WHILE CLEANSING?
While other juicing advocates may disagree, we believe that if you are already a coffee (or tea) drinker, it is okay to continue to drink organic, black coffee (or tea) during your cleanse. Your system will be challenged already by the detox happening from not consuming whole foods, adding another layer of detoxing from the caffeine on which your body relies if you are an avid coffee (or tea) drinker may be too much and cause you to not make it through your entire cleanse. Keeping the coffee (or tea) in your diet during the cleanse also may help curb your appetite and headaches.
CAN I EXERCISE WHILE CLEANSING?
As long as you have been exercising previously, it is totally ok to workout while cleansing, but just listen to your body! You know when it is telling you to slow down and what it can handle. It may be best to not exercise on the first day of the cleanse and wait and see how your body is going to handle it and what your energy levels will be like. If you can’t make it through a workout, it’s ok! Cleansing is a great time for rest and reflection for every aspect of your body, so enjoy the time letting your body have a break.
JUICE 'TIL DINNER
Not ready for a full-day cleanse? Try our Juice Til’ Dinner! You drink four (instead of six) of our cold-pressed organic juices throughout the day—2.5 to 3 hours apart. At dinner, you can forego the final two juices and eat a light, clean dinner made from organic ingredients. Not wanting to cook yourself? We have just the solution! Pick up a Greenoa™ bowl—the perfect light and clean meal to complement your
Start out with a single day or continue for a few days in a row to really experience the full benefits of cleansing!
Sometimes it’s best to ease in. If you’re new to juicing, cleansing or clean eating, a juice-til-dinner cleanse schedule is a healthy compromise. If your body isn’t used to juice cleansing or detoxing, consuming only drinks all day for multiple days in a row can be a bit of a shock. You may get some serious hunger pangs and the emotional effects that come along with them. By juicing until dinner, you still get the satisfaction of eating a meal but the reassurance that you’re doing something incredible for your body.
WILL I LOSE WEIGHT?
While we don’t like to advocate cleansing as a weight loss tool, many find that this is a side effect of cleansing. If weight loss is your goal, cleansing can be a great way to lose the first few pounds, but more importantly, is a great way to reset your mindset and put a change to your eating habits while setting you on a path to better overall wellness!
SIDE EFFECTS OF CLEANSING
Hunger and Cravings: The biggest side effect and most common challenge of cleansing
It’s important to drink lots of water in between your juices. Staying hydrated helps you feel full and prevents hunger-related symptoms, like headaches and fatigue.
Frequent bathroom visits: Frequent bathroom visits are an expected consequence of cleansing. During a cleanse, you’re moving your body from a typical food-based diet to a liquid diet, meaning your bowel habits will change too. It’s is a normal part of the
Because you’re consuming an all-liquid diet, you’ll also need frequent pee breaks. You may even notice that your urine has a red tinge. This is a normal effect of drinking the Red cold-pressed juice.
If you’re concerned about how increased bathroom trips might affect your daily life, you might try starting your cleanse right before the weekend or whenever you have your days off.
Health risks: Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid Clean Juice cleanses. Since our juices don’t undergo high-pressure processing (HPP), they aren’t pasteurized. Pregnant women should never consume unpasteurized milk, cheese or juice because of the risk of bacterial infection.
Cleansing is also not recommended for children and teens, who are still growing. However, there’s little evidence that suggests that short-term cleansing is harmful to the average adult. Not eating solid foods for a few days doesn’t produce any severe side effects and is generally safe for most people. However, if you have diabetes, hypoglycemia, heart disease or another chronic illness, then a full, multi-day cleanse may pose unknown risks. It’s important to speak with your doctor or another health care professional before making any dietary changes.
HISTORY OF CLEANSING
Cleansing and fasting is an ancient tradition practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. It’s believed that Hippocrates, the famous Greek physician, first recommended fasting around the 5th century BCE. In the Greek medicine system, Hippocrates would advise his patients to abstain from food as a way of healing certain diseases. By refraining from eating, his patients could improve particular symptoms and get in touch with their physical and mental needs.
Think of cleansing like the passing seasons. Just like the year has changing seasons, so too does the body, and cleansing can offer you a time of rest and reflection. Cleansing and fasting can help give you the space to listen to your body’s needs and reset your physical health. Cleansing or fasting are periods of paying conscious attention to our physical, mental and spiritual health. It’s a limited time in which you commit to purify the body and reconnect with a higher power or your inner strength.
Throughout history, different groups of people have understood there is a natural accumulation of toxins in the body. Though the body is excellent at purifying itself, it also requires support through cleansing, which helps stimulate and encourage the body’s natural detoxification systems.
The tradition of fasting is done for different reasons within different cultures, but all traditional fasts have similar purposes. The point of cleansing or fasting can be broken down into the three main reasons:
- Removing toxin sources: During a fast, you stop your exposure to the source of toxins. Even in ancient times, before synthetic chemicals and harmful toxic products, people sought to eliminate their exposure to certain impurities for a specified length of time.
- Adding pure and healthy nutrition: During or after a fast, the practitioners would then introduce health and pure ingredients and nutrition back into their bodies. One particular ancient tradition, Ayurveda, recommended a specific protocol of plants and herbs to stimulate the body’s natural repair and healing mechanisms, which work better after exposure to toxins has ceased.
- Resting the body and mind: Due to the mind-body connection, fasting is both a physical and mental practice where you cleanse the body and rest and reflect for your spirit. (5)
Perfect to drink first thing in the morning because all of the nutrients in the leafy greens help to digest food from the previous day.
All the fruits in this cold-pressed juice will give you the energy you need to burn for the rest of the day.
This veggie-loaded bottle consists of vitamins & nutrients for a hard-working juice that will continue the breakdown of food.
The cayenne and lemon in this cold-pressed juice
Acts as a vasodilator (expands blood vessels and increases blood flow) because of the nitric oxide in beets. This juice is perfect in the afternoon/early evening to avoid a late-day crash. When blood is rushing through the body you will feel more energized!
Finish off with this “dessert” cold-press that is high in protein. It will help keep you full before bed and the protein will break down overnight.
Organic Kale, Organic Spinach, Organic Cucumber, Organic Apple, Organic Mint
Organic Orange, Organic Carrot, Organic Pineapple, Organic Turmeric
Organic Spinach, Organic Celery, Organic Kale, Organic Cucumber, Organic Ginger, Organic Lemon
Filtered Water, Organic Lemon, Organic Cayenne, Organic Maple Syrup
Organic Beet, Organic Apple, Organic Carrot, Organic Lemon
Organic Cashews, Filtered Water, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Vanilla, Organic Maple Syrup, Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
FIND YOUR CLEANSE
JUICE ‘TIL DINNER | 620 CAL PER DAY
A great option for a
ONE DAY CLEANSE | 1,060 CAL PER DAY
This one day, six organic juice cleanse is a quick reset for your system. Many people make this a monthly ritual!
TWO DAY CLEANSE | 1,060 CAL PER DAY
Give your body a little extra renewal with our two day cleanse option! This option includes 12 organic juices.
THREE DAY CLEANSE | 1,060 CAL PER DAY
Take your cleansing to the next level with this major toxin flush! This option includes 18 organic juices.
FIVE DAY CLEANSE | 1,060 CAL PER DAY
For the ultimate detox, try our five day option! We salute you, cleanser. This option includes 30 organic juices.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult your physician before beginning any diet or cleanse program. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to design an appropriate nutrition prescription. If you experience any pain or difficulty with this cleanse, stop and consult your healthcare provider.