Did you know symptoms like IBS, bloating, constipation, difficulty losing weight, hormonal imbalances, depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, frail hair and nails, skin issues, and brain fog are all linked to inflammation? Most often when someone chronically experiences these symptoms, they work to treat the symptom itself, rather than treating the root cause of the symptom–which most often is inflammation.
In this episode of Be Organic, Dr. Will Cole chats with us on what’s causing our inflammation and also provides us with a step-by-step process on how to heal, including what foods to avoid, supplements to use, lifestyle practices to adopt, and ways of eating to explore.
Dr. Will Cole is a leading functional-medicine expert and a Doctor of Chiropractic. Dr. Cole specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional- medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional-medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is a health expert and course instructor for the world’s largest wellness brands such as Mindbodygreen and Goop. Plus, he is the author of two outstanding books: “The Inflammation Spectrum” and “Ketotarian.”
What’s discussed in this episode:
- The most common symptoms of inflammation
- How inflammation is deteriorating your health
- How gut inflammation is stopping you from losing weight
- The four main foods that trigger inflammation
- Other common health foods that can lead to gut inflammation
- What to look out for when eating certain health foods to avoid inflammation
- Specific vitamins and supplements that will calm your inflammation and help your gut heal
- Dr. Will Cole’s plant-based approach to the Keto diet which is beneficial for reducing inflammation
- How intermittent fasting can help calm your gut inflammation and the benefits for your overall health
Find more from Dr. Will Cole: